I love what I do and the people I get to help. Being a part of helping others create their family through adoption is just miraculous. I love assisting families prepare for international or domestic adoption through education, pre-and post placement report preparation, and providing sage advice collected over a 23+ year career.
In addition to adoptions, Palmetto Guardian and Adoption Services, LLC also provides Guardian ad Litem services in both adoption and private child custody litigation. I am also trained as a mental health neutral/child specialist in Collaborative Practice. There IS a better way for couples to end their relationship/marriage without destroying one another and their children in the process. If you are not familiar Collaborative Practice, please visit https://www.collaborativepractice.com/.
Other experiences/services include:
- Reviewing social service files and compiling grounds for termination of parental rights (TPR).
- Post adoption searches and reunions.
- Counseling to birth parents making parenting/adoption decisions, assess needs, and make appropriate referrals.
- Coordinate discharge planning of birth mother, baby, and adoptive parents with hospital social worker/nursing staff.
- Custody home study evaluations